Whitening nails; what are the methods? Yellowish nails are not very attractive and can indicate specific health problems. Before looking for ways to bleach nails, it is necessary to discover why this phenomenon was provoked. Every woman strives to have white nail booths with a perfectly smooth glossy surface. To whiten the nail plate, you can use professional products and methods at home. However, before you start using this or that method, you must try to diagnose the cause of the yellow nails as accurately as possible. If this is not done, then the effect achieved may refuse to be short-lived.
Why are the nails yellow?
In almost all cases, unhealthy yellow nail color is the first sign that specific adverse abnormalities have started in the body.
The most common causes of this problem are:
- Lack of valuable minerals and vitamins in the body. You need to review your daily diet thoroughly. Yellow is most likely a sign of calcium deficiency.
- Abuse of colored varnish without using a primer. It is worth remembering that a transparent layer will protect the nail plate from the adverse effects of saturated pigments.
- Various fungal diseases. Yellowness can indicate a fungal infection of the nail plate, so it is advisable to visit a doctor before trying to hide the defect. In addition to the yellow nails, signs of fungal diseases include itching and peeling skin on the fingers.
- Presence of chronic diseases. In this case, you need to undergo a complete medical examination.
- Smoking is not only harmful to health in general, but it also causes the nail plate to turn yellow. In this case, whitening your nails will be tricky, and you cannot do it without the help of professional methods.
Professional nail whitening technique
Most modern beauty salons offer their customers a special nail treatment, including a whitening procedure.
Some of them can easily be used independently at home for:
- Whitening nail polish not only helps to remove yellowness but also to hide minor imperfections. In addition, it has an effective strengthening and healing effect. You need to use bleach polish for at least 1.5 weeks every day.
- Bath powder. These products are usually sold in single-use sachets. Medicinal baths are very easy to make – the contents of the sachet are poured into (hot) water and dissolved. The handles are lowered there for about 10 minutes. Then you need to clean your feet with a special brush. It is necessary to perform such a whitening procedure regularly until the desired effect is achieved.
- Whitening primer for nails helps prevent yellowing and eliminates all irregularities. If a girl often paints her nails, it is necessary to use this whitening agent regularly.
- Whitening masks. The product is applied to the nail plate with a reasonably thick layer, left for a while, and then rinsed off with warm water. Thanks to the regular use of such masks, you can relieve and heal your nails.
- A nail whitening pencil makes it possible to highlight only the tip of the nail. This remedy is very often used for a French manicure. It is white and should only be applied to the inner area of the nail plate.
How do you whiten yellowing nails?
Today, there are several different home nail whitening products. Each girl will be able to choose a more suitable path for herself.
Whitening nails with toothpaste
It is one of the most effective ways. Instead of simple toothpaste, you can also use tablets intended for dentures. You can buy them at any pharmacy.
When using toothpaste, you need to make a unique bath – hot water is poured into the container, paste (about 4 cm), and baking soda (1 tablespoon) are added. If you favor tablets for dentures, then one tablet will suffice. Place your fingertips in the bath and leave for 10 minutes. This procedure must not be performed more than 2 times a month.
It is worth remembering that whitening will occur gradually if this method is used and can achieve the desired result only with regular baths.
Whitening nails with lemon
Applying lemon juice to the entire nail plate and cuticles is necessary. You can take half a lemon and dip your fingers in the paste for a few minutes.
The duration of one procedure can be from 5 to 10 minutes, depending on the complexity of the problem. You need to whiten marigolds with lemon for one month, three times a week.
There are several ways to use essential oils to whiten the nail plate:
- Lemon juice, cedar oil, and ylang-ylang oil are taken in two drops. All components are mixed, and the resulting mixture is applied to the nails. After 10 minutes, you need to wash the handles with warm water.
- Take jojoba oil (0.5 tsp.), juice of half a lemon, and ylang-ylang oil (5 drops). All components are mixed, and the resulting mixture is applied to the non-nail plate with a cotton pad. If this method is performed three times a day, several times a week, you can soon get the desired results.
Whitening nails with peroxide
You only need to use 3% hydrogen peroxide.
The following recipes are the most effective:
- It would help if you mixed baking soda with hydrogen peroxide in a 2 to 1. Everything is mixed well, and the resulting gruel is applied to the nail plate. After 3 minutes, wash your hands with warm water and lubricate them with nourishing oil. It is recommended that this whitening procedure be carried out no more than 5 times a month to avoid spoiling the nail plate.
- In a 2 to 1 ratio, glycerin and hydrogen peroxide are mixed. The finished mixture is applied to the nail plate and left for 2 minutes, then rinsed with warm water. This procedure must be performed for precisely 3 days.
Bath to bleach nails
To prepare an infusion bath for herbs, you must take a glass of water and brew a tablespoon of chamomile. Must filter a little cooled broth. The tips of the fingers are dipped in hot broth for 15 minutes.
This procedure must be performed precisely 3 weeks, three times a week. Such a bath will help not only bleach the nail plate but also significantly improve the skin condition of the hands.
Prevent yellowing of nails
Before applying colored varnish, it is essential to use a primer, which will act as a protective barrier against pigments. Using only high-quality bases and varnishes is recommended, and giving up cheap products. Marigolds need to be given a chance to rest and recover. That’s why it’s worth not using nail polish for a few days a week. By following these tips, it will be possible to preserve the natural whiteness of the nail plate.