Dry brush massage, how to do at home? Tips and contraindications for the procedure. Basic principles and techniques for performing face and body massage, during pregnancy, with real reviews.
Dry brush massage is a method that helps to clean the epidermis of dead cells, which also balances the blood flow in the capillaries and improves the nutrition of the skin. In addition, the method has a complex effect on the body and contributes to preserving youth and beauty. This service is available in many spas, but dry massage is easy to do at home.
What is a dry brush massage?
The dry brush massage method appeared in the east thousands of years ago. Today famous western models and movie stars, such as Monica, and Cindy Crawford, claim that this method is for the beauty of the body.
Dry or dry brushing is a mechanical action on the epidermis to remove dead skin particles. It is necessary to increase blood circulation and improve the availability of nutrients and oxygen to cells in the skin.
Daily dry massage for 5 minutes helps you achieve significant results:
- To activate the skin regeneration… After the age of 30, cells begin to divide more slowly. Therefore, the surface layer of the skin is not renewed as quickly as in youth. Wrinkles, depressions, and scars appear. Mechanical cleaning of the epidermis stimulates cell renewal and improves skin elasticity.
- Strengthen lymph flow … Stagnation of fluid in the body leads to the accumulation of toxins, obesity, and edema. The massage activates lymph flow and stimulates the elimination of toxins and toxins.
- Increase muscle tone … Mechanical action activates muscle contraction. If the procedure is repeated regularly, the contours of the body tighten.
- Get rid of cellulite … Anti-cellulite dry brush massage increases lymph and blood flow. The elimination of excess fluid and toxins helps to reduce the amount of fat under the skin. The skin’s surface is evened out by increasing the elasticity of the connective tissue.
- Open pores and gland ducts … Dead cells mixed with sebum clog pores and cause skin inflammation. Regular cleansing of the epidermis will help to forget about acne and acne.
- Improve the work of internal organs … By stimulating the nerve endings in the epidermis, you can influence various organs with reactions and correct metabolic processes.
- Get a charge for vitality and energy … Massage with a dry brush for cellulite and other purposes is best done in the morning. The action improves blood circulation, promotes muscle contraction, and thus strengthens the whole body.
Dry brush massage tips
Dry brush massage is recommended for women over 30 years of age. In childhood, the skin cleans itself and does not need help.
Tips for the procedure are also:
- Excessive dryness of the skin;
- Peeling of the surface of the epidermis;
- Swelling, congestion on the surface of the skin;
- Rapid clogging of sebaceous ducts, regular dermatitis;
- Weakness, wrinkling of the skin.
Before you go with a dry brush massage, be sure to consider the limitations of the procedure.
Contraindications to dry brush massage
Dry massage has several contraindications. Do not use the procedure if you regularly sleep in the sun or often on sunbeds. After the epidermis has been cleaned, the skin becomes sensitive, and high exposure to ultraviolet rays can lead to burns.
Contraindications to dry brush massage:
- Cuts, wounds, bruises on the skin;
- Skin diseases;
- Varicose veins (increased capillary circulation causes the appearance of new vascular systems);
- Nevi and papillomas;
- Hypersensitivity of the skin, which leads to irritation after the procedure;
- High body temperature;
- Viral and bacterial diseases in the acute stage.
How to choose a dry massage brush?
Since the dry massage method has become very popular, many products are sold for it. But sometimes it isn’t easy to find very high-quality products.
Before buying a dry massage brush, note the following parameters:
- Neckline … There are products with natural and synthetic fibers. The first ones are animal wool, palm, cactus, and sisal. They are not burdensome, hypoallergenic, and do not scratch or irritate. Try natural brush cleaning products if you’ve never used dry brushes before. You can buy a product with nylon fibers if you have rough skin. It is also suitable for areas with a thick layer of keratin particles, such as feet.
- Basic materials … Wood products are considered more durable, long-lasting, and environmentally friendly than plastic or silicone.
- The shape … In stores, you can find brushes in the form of mittens with bristles, a base that fits over the hand, and a long handle. The latter is good for working off the back. Brushes with a dense base, worn on the hand, suitable for thighs, abdomen, chest, and limbs. The mitts allow you to clean hard-to-reach areas.
- The size … Dry massage can be performed not only on the body but also on the face. For this purpose, small toothbrushes are made. For the back, abdomen, and limbs, large products are needed.
When choosing a brush for dry massage, pay attention to the manufacturer. Buy products from trusted companies that have confirmed the high quality of the product. Best Dry Massage Brushes: Wish more, Mixit, Clarette, Foerster’s. The cost of the product depends on the manufacturer, the quality of the foundation, and the brushes.
What is the main benefit of dry brush massage?
The procedure for a dry brush massage depends on the treated area and the desired effect. But in any case, it is essential to follow various rules in order not to face the side effects of the operation and not to cause skin irritation.
A few simple suggestions will allow you to massage quickly and effectively:
- Treat dry skin. Do not wet the brush. This measure prevents irritation.
- Treatment takes place in the bathroom: exfoliated cells often fall heavily on the floor when rubbed with a brush.
- During the procedure, perform gentle movements, and do not press too much on the skin, especially if it is not yet used massage. In the future, you can increase the pressure.
- Take a shower only after the massage to wash away dead skin particles. Perfectly stimulates the walls of blood vessels with a contrast shower.
- After the procedure, apply a moisturizer – oil, lotion, or cream to the skin.
- Wash and dry the brush thoroughly after each massage.
How much you should do dry brush massage depends on your desire. Traditionally, the procedure takes no more than 10 minutes. Prolonged exposure may cause skin irritation.
How often to rub with a dry brush is determined individually. Usually, the procedure is done 2-3 times a week. But if the skin is too dry, you can increase the frequency of the sessions.
How to do a dry brush massage?
Should work out the technique of performing dry brushing. Always follow the same sequence to avoid skin irritation, blood flow, and lymph node disruption.
Body massage with a dry brush
Before starting a body massage with a dry brush, remember not to touch the groin, breasts, popliteal fossa, and armpits. Large lymph nodes are concentrated here.
Instructions on how to massage the body with a dry brush:
- Start with your feet and legs. Brush from bottom to top in straight strokes.
- When you reach the knees, continue with a circular massage.
- Massage the thigh with a dry brush from the center to the side—increased impact on the outer thigh. The recommendation does not apply to the inner surface. Important vessels are concentrated here: their damage can be dangerous to health.
- Gently massage your abdomen in a circular motion. Remember: this is the most sensitive part of the body. All critical internal organs are concentrated in the abdominal cavity. At the same time, the most significant layer of subcutaneous fat accumulates in the abdomen, which spoils the figure. But increased pressure on the abdominal area will not handle it. Here it would help if you had regular actions, diet, and exercise.
- Work on the upper back, moving from the neck area to the heart area. At the bottom, go opposite: from bottom to top.
- Begin to work for the hands with the hands, following the palms in particular, where the vital acupuncture points are concentrated. Next, go through the forearm to the shoulder.
- Cleanse the décolleté and neck by sliding from bottom to top.
Make sure that the same movement is assigned to each of them when working the left and right sides of the body.
After the session, the skin gets a healthy pink color. If the skin is red or irritated and did not perform the message correctly, it is worth weakening the effect next time.
Pregnant women are not prohibited from performing the procedure. The technique for using a dry massage brush is the same as described above. The only thing that causes controversy among experts is examining the abdominal area. If the pregnancy continues with complications or there is a risk of miscarriage, do not touch this area.
Dry brush massage for facial
Before massaging your face with a dry brush, remove makeup, wash your face and wait until your skin is dry. Before the operation, it is better to lie down: in this position, the muscles relax faster. Move smoothly and effortlessly from the center of your forehead to your scalp. After working on the front, brush from the nose to the temples, from the chin to the cheekbones. To cleanse the neck, move from the collarbone up to the chin.
Move along the lymph flow without touching the lymph nodes. Do not try to stretch the skin so as not to provoke wrinkles.
For the face, 2 sessions per week are enough. After the procedure, the skin should be pink and not red and irritated. Rinse with cold water and apply a soothing product.
Genuine dry brush massage reviews
Reviews of dry brush massage are primarily favorable. After the morning procedure, the vigor and general skin tone are noted. As a result of regular treatment, the body becomes more toned, and a fresh, light form of cellulite disappears. Still, massage with a brush does not tolerate a lot of fatty substances. Despite the excellent reviews of dry massage, experts in the field of cosmetology and dermatology are not sure that the method can significantly affect lymph flow and even more deal with cellulite.
Marina, 28 years old
My friends competed with each other about the benefits of dry massage. I also decided to try. I bought a soft brush and massaged my body with it 2 times a week. After a month, the skin tightened; it looked glowing. But the message did not deal with cellulite on the thighs.
Svetlana, 34 years old
A dry massage started with a facial. I liked the result: the skin tightened and became elastic. I decided to try a body massage. I was impressed with the energy I received after the session. The body looked better, and the rashes disappeared. But I won’t say I lost weight. The brushes couldn’t handle my grease.
Alexandra, 24 years old
My friends told me how to use a dry massage brush. I have already heard about this method and finally had a reason to try it. Massaged the body three times a week with good pressure. After 2 months, I noticed that the calluses disappeared on my legs, and my hands became thinner. It looks like the massage helped me deal with my cellulite.