Stem cells; the unique functions of plant stem cells, how and from which sources they are obtained. The benefits of stem cell beauty products, top brands, and trending beauty products.
Cosmetics with stem cells are a reliable assistant in the difficult task of fighting age-related skin changes and slowing down the aging process. Many cosmetic companies promise effects comparable to surgery or Botox injections and make loud claims that the recipe for eternal youth has been revealed. To find out if this is so, it is necessary to delve into the biological properties of stem cells and find their origin, sources, and methods of obtaining them.
Properties of cosmetics with stem cells
Humanity has always sought eternal youth. The key to this issue was the study of stem cells, successfully used in medicine to treat serious diseases, such as leukemia. They have 2 properties – self-regeneration and transformation into cells of different organs and tissues, for example, brain, blood, and heart, so their regenerative abilities could not go unnoticed in cosmetology.
Given that the basic concept of skin care has gradually shifted away from moisturizing and antiaging effects, it is not surprising that top cosmetics manufacturers began to offer products to customers that contain stem cells, and not human, as one might think.
Only living stem cells work. If they get into cosmetics, they die quickly. Like any living thing, their biological properties do not allow them to be viable for a long time under unfavorable conditions. Cells will continue to live and regenerate only if they are placed in a nutrient medium and kept at a specific temperature. Therefore, in the production of antiaging cosmetics, cells of plant origin are not used.
In 1970, the American D. Richard was the first to talk about plant cells. Still, the research stopped this as the discovery did not inspire other scientists. Later, the development was continued by scientists from China, who found that the stem cells of humans and plants have similarities. Initially, they are undifferentiated (the same), and their essential property of becoming distinct appears.
In 2008, European scientists announced that due to the use of plant stem cells, the activity of human cells increases, which promotes skin regeneration and increases its regeneration. At the same time, plant cells do not collide with human cells because they are cleared of hormones. However, the methods of differentiation and their compatibility have not been thoroughly investigated, although it is already clear that the use of cell mass in the production of antiaging cosmetics has excellent potential.
Where do plant cells come from?
Plant stem cells, which are in the active formula of antiaging cosmetics, are more correctly called meristem. Their unique ability to regenerate has long been recognized as being able to recover from minor breaches. However, finding out what provided such property only a few decades ago was possible.
The meristem cells, which are the basis for forming plant tissues, are in the meristem. It is concentrated in buds, small plants, young shoots, and small roots. The meristem cells determine the formation and growth of the stem and root system and lead to the healing of injuries on the plant’s trunk and branches.
Fat cell cells are not used entirely in the production of cosmetics to rejuvenate the skin but in the form of active ingredients. The cell mass is processed in a natural or biotechnological way, and the necessary substances are extracted from it, which aim to perform specific functions in the formulation of antiaging cosmetics. By the way, their concentration in the plant material is relatively high.
These include fatty and nucleic acids, amino acids, cofactors, and vitamins. Also, peptides, antioxidants, and regulators are used for the production of antiaging cosmetics to ensure the intercellular communication process. In addition, plant cells produce large amounts of ribonucleic acids.
How are plant cells obtained for cosmetics?
According to doctors’ reviews, plant stem cells allow the release of the necessary active substances in the required concentration. It will be possible to produce a standardized product with well-defined characteristics in the future.
Plant stem cell extracts are available in two ways:
- Natural … The organic matter that contains the meristem is collected in early spring when there is active growth of shrubs and trees. Used buds, plants, and fresh shoots. On their basis, extracts are prepared, and the raw materials are pre-crushed and placed in nutrients. An extract mixture, including water, glycerin, and alcohol, is used as a preservative for preserving active substances. However, this technology is unsuitable for producing masks, serums, stem cell creams, and other cosmetic products on a broad scale, as the yield of biological material is considered insufficient.
- Biotechnology… It involves cultivating biological material under laboratory conditions based on collected raw materials grown on plant tissue called explosives and made incisions. Plant cells, which begin to divide actively, form a colorless mass in another way – a callus. It is collected, and to increase biomass, it is placed in a nutrient medium containing stimulants. At the final stage of the cycle, the cells are homogenized, and the necessary active components are released from them. This method of obtaining stem cells for cosmetics is quite expensive, which undoubtedly affects the final Product’s price. In addition, there are several difficulties in growing cell mass. For example, callus cells outside the body grow chaotically and lose their ability to regenerate. Also, the “quality” of the chromosomes can be different. Therefore, biotechnological processes to obtain Phyto stem cells are in the recovery phase.
What plants are stem cells from?
For the first time, photosystem cells were isolated from the callus of one apple species. In 2008, proved the property of a biomaterial in the laboratory to increase the proliferation activity of human stem cells obtained from the umbilical cord blood of an infant. Research has allowed us to talk about restoring the function of fibroblasts, which determine the production of collagen and elastin, which, as you know, decreases with age. After 4 weeks of applying this extract to the crow’s feet area, it reduced wrinkles by 15%.
These researches and discoveries began the production of cosmetics with plant stem cells. Cosmetics have offered the world a product line with the presence of phytate extract in the composition.
For the production of products, the active substances of such plants are used:
- The Apple tree … is characterized by high resistance to environmental factors. Therefore fat cells protect the skin from their harmful effects. Also, normal cell mass regeneration of the skin.
- Centella Asiatica … It regulates the tone and permeability of blood vessels, strengthens them, has healing properties, and soothes the skin well.
- Edelweiss … An excellent source of vital energy. The main advantage of the plant is its powerful antioxidant effect.
- Red grapes … Accelerates skin regeneration, smooth existing wrinkles, prevent new ones from appearing and increase skin elasticity.
- Jeep … The extract of this plant has anti-inflammatory and anti-allergic properties. Thanks to its effects, restoring damaged skin and eliminating its imperfections is possible. A type of extract also removes acne and acne scars.
- Ginseng … The plant cells stimulate fibroblasts, which are responsible for the production of elastin and collagen. The plant slows down aging, which is to prevent wrinkles from forming. Ginseng extract neutralizes free radicals and UV radiation effects that cause photoaging.
- Cloudberry … The plant contains particular substances that are analogous to female hormones. Thanks to their effect, it is possible to maintain the skin’s youthfulness.
- Criterium … Dill protects against ultraviolet radiation. It also protects against free radicals. The skin is saturated with moisture, and the tightness disappears.
Since biotechnology does not stand still and only requires plant tissue for the cultivation of plant stem cells, it will be possible to obtain materials from rare raw materials with great potential, for example, algae, which are common in arctic conditions and grow at great depths.
When working with plant-stem cells, we can discuss the complete safety of ingredients: to obtain biomaterials, perfectly healthy specimens are selected that are not treated with pesticides and grow under natural conditions. It is also safe for the plants and the environment, as a small amount of raw material is enough to obtain plant stem cells. It is not at all necessary to destroy entire plantations.
Attention! Most often, cosmetics contain 1-2 plant cells. However, some manufacturers also offer products with all the complexity – based on 5-6 such extracts.
What are the benefits of cosmetics with Phyto stem cells?
The experience of doctors from Europe and the United States shows that using plant cells stops biological aging and corrects pathological changes.
According to the manufacturers of serums, creams, and masks with stem cells, such products cause skin regeneration and return youth’s energy. When used, the “sleeping” cells of the dermis wake up and return to their vital functions. It helps in preserving youth.
Plant stem cells fight the causes of skin aging. They have potent antioxidants. Therefore they protect the epidermis from destruction and fight against free radicals.
What else is helpful for cosmetics with adipose stem cells?
- Neutral influence of external factors;
- Stimulates the production of collagen and elastin, which is essential for the skin;
- Improves metabolic processes at the cellular level;
- Restores damaged skin parts;
- Evens the tone of the face;
- Removes toxins;
- Reduces existing wrinkles and prevents new wrinkles from appearing;
- Fights age spots;
- Increases skin elasticity.
Are plant stem cells dangerous to humans?
There is a lot of talk about cosmetics, but the active formula contains stem cells. Even though its effectiveness has been proven in laboratory conditions, the attitude towards it is controversial. Consumers often react negatively without evaluating the result of using such money on them.
The central myth is that such cosmetics are believed to have the ability to cause mutations. However, this is a misconception; plant extracts do not have genetic information. Due to their use, cancer does not occur. So it is not worth worrying about the potential harm of such funds. But when embryonic cells are used, side effects are also possible, which appear in the form of oncology.
Another myth about stem cell cosmetics, according to online reviews, has to do with it being addictive. But this statement is also false.
Also, such cosmetics do not cause hormonal imbalance and are unrelated to hormones. Creams, masks, and Serum with stem cells are approved for use during pregnancy, which speaks for their safety.
Top beauty brand
Cosmetic products with stem cells are not uncommon; luxury brands and the mass market offer them. You can buy a budget device and a high-end product that costs too much. As with other cosmetics, the reason is in the composition: luxury products contain thinner fragrances and are produced with nanotechnology.
Librederm cosmetics with stem cells
The Italian brand Librederm offers a wide range of products with grape cells with great potential. The plant extract is characterized by high bioavailability, which means deep penetration into the skin and stimulation of its regeneration at the cellular level.
The Librederm grape stem cell library contains:
- Cleansing gel, 150 ml … Suitable for delicate cleansing of the face and neck, gently removes make-up without tightening the skin.
- Expert Night Cream, 50 ml … A product designed to reduce wrinkles, increase the elasticity of the epidermis and lift the face. Nourishes and saturates the skin with moisture.
- Expert cream, 50 ml … Ways to strengthen the skin framework, speed up cell renewal, and fight against deep folds and fine wrinkles. Enhances skin tone, rejuvenates, and restores a healthy glow.
- Lifting Serum for face and neck, 30 ml … Thanks to the Product’s effectiveness, you can forget about free radicals. Reduces sagging skin, smooths wrinkles, and gives the skin a glow.
- Eye salve, 20 ml … Cleansing protection accelerates cell renewal and increases skin density.
- Energy Nourishing Complex Mask, 75 ml … Designed for the face, neck, and décolleté area. A product regenerates, softens tired, aging skin, smoothes wrinkles, and strengthens the facial line.
- Exfoliating Toner, 200 ml … Ways to clean and strengthen mature skin, effectively remove dead cells, smooth relief, and activate skin regeneration.
- Hair restoration serum, 250 ml … Fights against premature aging, neutralizes the harmful effects of external factors and moisturizes the hair.
- Alginate mask in a sachet, 15 g … A product designed to moisturize, soften and care for mature skin. Eliminates horizontal and vertical wrinkles.
Stem Cell Medi-Peel Cosmetics
Medi-Peel Korean Stem Cell Cosmetics includes products for different skin types. The brand’s primary goal is to preserve its youth, radiance, and health for as long as possible.
Popular Medi-Peel stem cell products:
- Cell Tox Dermajou cream, 50 ml … Contains plant cells from damask rose and white lily. The active ingredients can penetrate the deepest layers of the epidermis and create a protective barrier for the skin that prevents it from drying out. According to reviews of the cream with plant stem cells, the Product smoothes fine wrinkles and prevents premature skin aging.
- Cell Tox Dermajou Ampoule Ampoule Repair Serum, 100 ml … Contains damask rose stem cells, which improve the conduction of moisture deep into the skin, protecting the skin against drying and dehydration. It has a relaxing and rejuvenating effect, reduces deep folds, smoothes fine lines, and prevents the appearance of new wrinkles, thus delaying aging.
- Derma Maison 3X eye cream, 40 g … Contains stem cells from ginseng, grapes, and lotus. It is a powerful tool that aims to lift, smooth wrinkles, prevent rashes and folds, eliminate signs of fatigue and insomnia, stimulate the formation of elastin and collagen, increase turgor and strengthen the skin, and enhance protective functions of the skin.
FarmStay stem cell cosmetics
Another Korean beauty brand, FarmStay, offers plant-based beauty that meets the highest quality standards. The company’s main idea is to maintain the skin’s beauty.
The FarmStay line of plant cells includes:
- Grape Stem Cell Tones, 130 ml … Contains grape stem cells. Promotes high-quality exfoliation of the epidermis, nourishes and moisturizes the skin, smoothes fine wrinkles, reduces the depth of ample folds, and restores skin tone and elasticity. Regular use of the Product can achieve a significant rejuvenating effect and postpone biological aging.
- Lifting Serum Grape Stem Cell Wrinkle Lifting Essence, 50 ml … The action of the concentrated Product is aimed at fighting wrinkles and delaying aging. Still, it slightly affects lightening the skin, eliminating pigmentation, and evening out the complexion. According to reviews of these cosmetics with stem cells, it nourishes and moisturizes the skin, improves its elasticity, and gives a healthy glow.
- Grape Stem Cell Emulsion, 130 ml … The rejuvenating substance smooths and tightens the skin, eliminates the appearance of wrinkles, and strengthens the oval face. At the same time, an emulsion is aimed at balancing and improving the complexion, lightening pigmentation.
- Grape cells wrinkle repair eye cream, 50 ml … The device aims to smooth out fine wrinkles, reduce the depth of ample folds, and prevent the appearance of new ones. It makes the skin of the eyelids moist and radiant, hardens, eliminates inflammation, and lightens bruises.
Magiray stem cell cosmetics
The Israeli company Magiray has been using stem cells from 5-7 day old plants in the production of its cosmetics for many years. At this time, all useful biologically active substances were in the plant in the maximum amount. Therefore the concentration of stem cell extracts is 5 times higher than their content in all analogs on the market.
The most popular Magiray products:
- Bio serum Edele Bio-serum, 30 ml … Serum with a light consistency for all skin types contains stem cells of grape and alpine edelweiss. The Product makes the skin resistant to damage, restores its defense mechanism, removes toxins, and neutralizes the action of free radicals. At the same time, the skin becomes moisturized, the water balance improves, and the severity of wrinkles decreases, which makes it possible to reverse the biological process of aging.
- Serum Clc Phytocode Cell Serum, 30 ml … The Product for complete regeneration and prevention of early skin aging contains a patented complex of 12 plant shoot extracts. It protects the epidermis against free radicals, promotes its renewal, the formation of elastin and collagen, and tightens the skin. Restores the skin’s metabolic processes and the natural moisturizing factor.
- Diamond Finishing Cream, 200 ml … The Product contains an extract of stem cells from hummus plants. Extends the skin’s youthfulness as much as possible, improves its appearance, reduces the depth of wrinkles, and delays aging. Moisturizes and nourishes the skin protects against free radicals, reduces facial contraction and inflammation, and gives a healthy glow.
- Extra Rich Revitalizer Nourishing Cream, 30 ml … The active formula of the Product contains extracts from wheat germ, alfalfa, and broccoli. The cream is intended to combat age-related changes in dry and normal skin, restoring its barrier properties, fresh appearance, and healthy radiance. Moisturizes and nourishes the skin, stimulates tissue regeneration, and protects against free radicals. The nourishing cream, according to reviews of stem cells for the face, reduces the formation of deep wrinkles and prevents the formation of new ones, restoring the skin’s elasticity.
Eldan stem cell cosmetics
The Swiss brand Eldan offers cosmetics based on apple stem cells. This line is designed for aging, dehydrated, sensitive skin that needs a boost to renew and rebuild.
Popular Eldan apple stem cell products:
- Antiaging cream 24 hours. “Cell therapy,” 50 ml … The device is intended to slow down biological aging processes, stimulate the formation of structural proteins in the skin and provide a lasting lifting effect. The elasticity of the skin increases, in addition to high hydration and correction of age-related changes, and cell metabolism is also accelerated.
- Serum 24 hours “Cell Therapy,” 30 ml … The Product is designed to fight signs of aging and excessive hydration. Due to its use, a sustained lifting effect is provided; nutrition of the deepest skin layers and increased production of collagen and elastin increase the skin’s elasticity. The Serum is also intended to eliminate the harmful effects of free radicals.
- Anti-Age mask 24 hours “Cell therapy,” 100 ml … Product to care for aging and dry skin, restoring damaged skin cells at the cellular level, characterized by high antiaging activity. Prevents the breakdown of collagen and elastin. Moisturization nourishes the skin, balances microcirculation, reduces wrinkles, and prevents the formation of new ones.