Blackheads, how can I remove them? What are the blackheads on the nose, and the reasons for their appearance? The most effective household remedies are mechanical cleaning, peeling, plaster, and masks.
Blackheads on the nose are open comedones, formed by mixing fat with dust particles, keratin-coated epithelial tissue, and make-up remnants. They look unattractive, but fortunately, they are easy to remove.
What are blackheads?
Blackheads are the most common fat deposits that occasionally appear in pores on the face and body. These microscopic holes, which seal every inch of our skin, usually do a very important job. They remove excess fluid from the body and thus help to cool it in the summer heat. They remove decaying products – for example, ammonia and uric acid. And they also serve as a kind of tunnel where a fat cell rises to its surface from the sebaceous gland which is located deep in the skin and turns into a thin protective film.
Everything is fine until the fat begins to accumulate in the pores, oxidizes on contact with oxygen, and darkens. It is here that he forms the infamous black dots, which are especially common on the nose, cheeks, and chin.
If there is too much fat and the time is additionally clogged with dust particles, cosmetics, and keratin-coated skin on the epidermis, its expansion expands, and a small spot increases in size. Well, when harmful bacteria settle in the fat, the spot swells and turns into a full-fledged comedon.
Important! It is impossible to get rid of an ivory brush on the nose once and for all for the simple reason that the sebaceous glands cannot stop their work and the fat infection cannot stop oxidizing. But almost anyone can take this process under their control.
The main causes of ivory brushing
There are lucky people in this world who are almost not disturbed by dark spots on their noses, and there are those who are constantly struggling with comedones almost their entire conscious life. If you belong to the other group, it is likely that the causes of blackheads on the nose are inherited – in other words, the tendency of the skin to form comedones was inherited from one of the parents along with the hair color and shape of the nose. In this case, you must pay extra attention to this area throughout your life.
If dark comedones suddenly appeared and were not a problem before, their presence may be due to other reasons.
Why do black spots appear on the nose?
- Lack of diligence in removing make-up;
- Use of products based on alcohol, lanolin, and petroleum products;
- Improper choice of cream or tonic for skin type;
- The predominance of fatty, sweet, smoked dishes on the menu;
- Permanent stress;
- Moving to areas with humid hot climates;
- Hormonal disorders (as an alternative, in excess of testosterone).
Important! If you have recently started taking a new medicine or made significant changes to your diet, it is possible that the appearance of dots is related to these events.
How to get rid of ivory brushes on the nose at home?
You can deal with comedones at home by using masks, scrubs, or a special patch. They work well both individually and in combination, but each of the listed funds will be the best of the black dots on the nose in each case, only the exercise will show.
Mechanical cleaning to remove ivory brush
The habit of thoughtlessly crushing blackheads on your nose is rather dangerous. By following it, you stop damaging your skin, getting bacteria into your pores, and turning moderate dark spots into painful pimples. In addition, with too frequent cleansing, the sebaceous glands will begin to increase fat production, so over time, you will have to resort to squeezing blackheads on your nose more and more often.
On the other hand, cleansing performed in accordance with all the rules allows you to quickly and cheaply get rid of your face from unpleasant spots. And if the method is not abused, then it will not have time to affect the function of the sebaceous glands.
What is needed to cleanse the nose of blackheads properly?
- Pot or bowl of water;
- 1-2 sachets of chamomile;
- Non-alcoholic disinfectants – Miramistin, Chlorhexidine, peroxide;
- Cotton pads;
- Disposable wipes.
Important! To increase safety and comfort, it is worth buying a special device to work with acne. In shape, it resembles either a spoon with a hole in the middle (Uno spoon), or a stick with a metal loop.
How to press black dots on the nose correctly:
- Take off your make-up and wash your face.
- Boil water by throwing bags of chamomile into it and then either add a sauna for the face or soak a towel in hot (but not flaming!) Broth and press it against the skin for a few minutes. This will open your pores.
- Cleanse your face, hands, and tools with an antiseptic.
- If you use a spoon or loop, press it against the skin and place the hole exactly over the comedon. If you squeeze out black dots with your fingers, place them on both sides of the formation, but had previously wrapped disposable napkins. Firstly, it will make the procedure more hygienic and secondly, it will protect your face from accidental scratches if your finger slips off.
- After completing the procedure, re-treat your face with an antiseptic.
- Wipe the skin with an ice cube or use a soothing mask to tighten pores and reduce redness.
- For the next few hours, try to be without make-up. Better yet, choose a Saturday night or Sunday morning cleansing to give your skin plenty of time to heal.
Important! You can independently remove the blackhead on the nose no more than once a month.
If there are too many dark “freckles” then they become regularly swollen and home remedies are ineffective, it is wise to think about a visit to a beautician. Manual cleaning by a specialist will cost you 700-3000 rubles, but it is possible to remove black spots on the nose and other parts of the face with the help of toilet procedures for a longer time and with less risk.
Blackhead stripe on the nose
To remove blackheads on your nose at home, you can use special sticky strips available at pharmacies or cosmetic stores. They are easy to use, automatic, and quite effective, although they do not handle deep fat diets.
Users named the products of the following brands as the best nose strips for blackheads:
- Holika-Holika (South Korea) … Pig black spots contain vitamin C, pink clay, aloe vera, lemon balm, and lemon extract. Provides cleansing, tightening pores, and matte skin.
- Screw (Russia) … Another remedy for blackheads on the nose with aloe vera, without affecting mats, but no less effective and cost-effective. You can buy strips from the same manufacturer, but with vitamin E and salicylic acid, – with anti-inflammatory sulfur.
- Cettua (South Korea) … The strips not only release pores from fat but also harden them after cleansing thanks to witch hazel concentrate.
- Purederm (South Korea) … Adhesive layer based on polymer, as well as Chinese Amelia, witch hazel, and green tea, can both get rid of ivory brush on the nose and ensure that the skin stays clean and fresh longer and pores are as prominent as possible.
- Nivea (Germany) … T-zone strips contain fruit acids and other ingredients that are activated when wet and disperse a subtle lemon scent around.
How to apply the blackhead patch on the nose:
- Cleanse your face of make-up and dirt.
- Apply a sponge and warm water to the nose to open the pores.
- Remove the protective film from the patch to expose the sticky layer. Some strips need to be moistened with water before use.
- Apply the patch on the nose in the blackheads area and iron with your fingers.
- Wait for the time specified in the instructions.
- Pick up the edge of the patch with your nails and gently exfoliate the skin.
If everything was done correctly, the columns of fat deposits would slide out of the pores along with the rib cage.
Nasal strips are more sensitive than mechanical cleansing, so you can use them more often: depending on the condition of the skin, 1-2 times a week.
Peeling to remove the ivory brush on the nose
Small hard particles of peeling material have the ability to clean grease with all the debris that has accumulated from the upper part of the well with high quality. The advantage of this method is its simplicity and accessibility, the minus is a superficial operation, where only the heads of the fat plant will be cleaned. But as a home remedy for comedones, it definitely deserves attention.
Before removing an ivory brush with a peeling nose, select the product according to your skin type. If we are talking about a purchased product, just look for the appropriate inscription on the label, in the case of a homemade product, make sure that its ingredients meet the needs of the face. For example, clay and lemon juice are more suitable for oily skin, but oil is more suitable for dry skin.
As a rule, peeling is carried out in courses with 10-12 procedures. Oily skin can be treated 2 times a week, and dry or sensitive skin once every 10 days. At the end of the course, there is a break for 1-2 months.
Correct recipes for homemade scrub:
- Olive oil and sugar, taken in equal proportions;
- Fatty cottage cheese (1 tbsp.), fine sugar (1 tsp.), and cinnamon (1 tsp.);
- 1 tbsp. l. drink coffee and 1 tsp. honey;
- 1 teaspoon veneer of tar soap, whipped in foam with 1 tsp. finely ground salts;
- A few tablets of activated carbon are crushed into powder and moistened with water or lemon juice.
The purpose of using charcoal for ivory brushing on the nose is twofold: as the absorber, it absorbs decay and infectious agents and as a mechanical cleaner it removes grease, dust, and dead skin particles from the pores.
Before removing blackheads on the nose, wash thoroughly and cleanse the skin with a mild product – foam or lotion. Use steam or a warm towel to open pores if desired.
Apply the scrub on moist skin and massage gently for 1-2 minutes. Wash again with warm water. Lubricate your face with a light moisturizer or soothing cream.
Important! Do not forget to check for allergic skin cleansing and exfoliation with previously unused components before first use.
What not to do to cleanse the face:
- Rub your nose with gruel from the pharmacy soaked in water. This is a great remedy to fight cellulite, flaking, and flabbiness, but too aggressive to use anywhere but the abdomen and thighs.
- Make an aspirin scrub. If the use of activated charcoal differs from ivory brushes with safety, then this cannot be said about aspirin peeling. If you apply too much light to the skin for one more minute, you may get peeling and even a slight burn.
- Use baking soda to remove blackheads on your nose. It will actually bring purity to the face, but at the same time, it will disturb the pH balance of the skin and cause peeling. Do you need to clean up these costs?
Important! Never exfoliate with an old toothbrush, as some beauty bloggers advise! This is the safest way to hurt your skin. Anyway, less hard work, more common sense.
Nose blackhead masks
Homemade ivory face masks soften fat deposits and speed up the removal of skin, and if they contain ingredients such as lemon juice, kefir, or white clay, they also whiten dark spots that cannot be cleaned and make them less noticeable.
The frequency of using elephant brushes is 2 times a week for oily skin and 1 time for dry skin.
The most effective recipes:
- Kefir and salt … Mix 2 tbsp. l. fermented milk drink, honey, salt, and aloe juice, taken in 1 tsp., hold on face for 10-20 minutes, then lightly massage the treated area and wash off the mask.
- Egg whites and citrus juice … To remove an ivory brush on your nose with an egg, you need 1 tsp. lemon juice or grapefruit protein and paper napkins. They are moistened in the resulting mixture, glued to the problem area, allowed to dry, and then removed with a quick, smooth motion.
- White clay … Dilute a teaspoon of the product with warm water in a thick grinder, add a little lemon juice and lubricate the nose. Wash off after drying. To enhance the antiseptic effect, add 1-2 drops of essential oil tree to the mask.
- Honey and lemon … The mixture has a rather weak effect but is suitable for use on sensitive skin. Made from lemon juice (1 tsp.), Responsible for bleaching and honey (1 tbsp. L.), nourishing and cleansing. Keep the mask on for up to 30 minutes.
- Gelatin … The removal of blackheads on the nose is carried out according to the following procedure: 15-20 g of the main part is poured with water, allowed to swell and dissolve when heated in a steam bath, then applied to the face with a brush while still hot and rinsed off after 20-30 minutes. Water can be replaced by milk and vegetable and fruit juices, activated carbon powder, egg whites, honey, and oatmeal can be mixed with the dissolved gelatin.
Note! Just like exfoliation, a cosmetic mask for an ivory brush should be appropriate for your skin type.
Rules for using masks made of black dots:
- Remove make-up, wash thoroughly and steam the skin.
- Apply the mask of your choice to the face in the area that requires cleaning.
- Leave it for 20-30 minutes. If the mask contains aggressive ingredients, shorten the action time to 15 minutes.
- Wash with warm water.
- Apply moisturizer.