Ice, how use my face? Efficiency and benefits of wiping the face with ice, possible contraindications, recipes for creating cosmetics for different skin types, and rules of conduct at home. Ice wipe is a simple and economical remedy that will help keep your skin young and beautiful for years to come. Cold slows down the aging process and makes you look younger than your age.
Benefits of ice for the face
The benefits of snow and ice for a woman’s appearance have long been known. As a result, morning “snow” washing has been popular among girls since ancient times.
The beneficial properties of ice cream are as follows:
- Prominent aging effect;
- Remove dead cells from the top layer of skin;
- Constriction of pores;
- To remove inflammation;
- Lighter face pigment;
- Slows down natural aging;
- Smooth fine wrinkles;
- Help with severe rashes in children;
- Itching removed in case of skin disease;
- Reduce swelling under the eyes;
- Helps remove dark circles around the eyes.
- Ice effect on the face
When you run an ice cube over your face, you massage it and the muscles underneath. Despite the ease and simplicity of movement, it gives a tonic effect, vessels constrict under the influence of cold. The result is a natural hardening of the skin, improving its appearance.
And for the body, rubbing the face with ice cubes plays the role of tightening and strengthening the immune system. After we have removed a piece of face, the vessel expands. Thanks to this, blood flow begins to increase; the process of skin regeneration at the cellular level is accelerated. This leads to the smoothing of wrinkles and gives a noticeable lifting effect.
If you switch to traditional washing every morning before rubbing with an ice cube, the results will not wait long. The skin color becomes smoother, it becomes toned, pores decrease and a healthy glow appears.
In contact with the skin, ice melts and saturates it with moisture. Therefore, it is important that it is saturated with useful substances. These can be various frozen decoctions, juices, and blends.
Contraindications to the use of ice to massage the face
Despite a large number of positive factors, this simple cosmetic method has a number of contraindications. It is necessary to know about them. Otherwise, instead of the positive effects of rubbing your face with ice cubes, you may get a setback that will aggravate your current problems and lead to negative consequences.
- The proximity of small blood vessels to the upper layer of the epidermis.
- Unique cold tolerance. In this case, the use of ice can cause itching, pain, blisters, and other problems.
- Allergic reactions to the components of the ice compressor (grass, essential oils, juices). In this case, you just have to choose the right combination.
- Postpone this cosmetic procedure until you have fully recovered.
- If your skin is prone to rosacea, it is forbidden to wipe your face with ice from wrinkles. This can worsen the situation and lead to more problems.
If the above points do not apply to you, then you can definitely make an ice cube for yourself.
Ice cream recipes for the face at home
It does not take much time and effort to create ice for the face. You will need water and ice cube trays (silicone, plastic, ceramics). A special package is perfect for this. It looks ordinary, but inside it is divided into many small parts. Do not take tap water for this procedure. It is of poor quality and can cause allergies. It is better to take purified, spring, or carbonated mineral water for ice. After the form is filled with liquid, it is placed in the freezer. After three to four hours, the ice cream is ready and ready to use.
How to make chamomile for the face
Most often, medicinal chamomile is used to make cosmetics. This flower has good antiseptic, soothing, moisturizing properties. To get the infusion, take 1 tbsp. l. and brewed in 200 ml of hot water. Let it brew hot and sift. The finished broth must be cooled. Now you can pour it into molds and put it in the freezer.
After 4 hours, the chamomile ice cream is ready. Wash your face several times a day a week with gentle circular motions. Your skin will get a beautiful, well-groomed look, it will be soft and velvety to the touch. If you use a rich performance of chamomile, your face will be covered with a light golden “tan” after a while.
You can combine chamomile with a fountain. This extract is great for combination or teen skin. It will relieve inflammation and soothe.
If desired, you can combine fountain and chamomile decoctions every other day. Chamomile is great for all skin types. However, if you have a personal intolerance to this herb, then choose another plant for you.
Making ice cream with herbs for the face
A large number of medicinal herbs can be found in pharmacies. Based on them, it is good to cook the broth and freeze it. The result obtained after using them will impress you and your skin will look good and youthful.
- For combination and oily skin … Mix oak bark and calendula flowers in equal proportions. Pour the resulting mixture into boiling water and leave it in the mixture. Before pouring into a mold, add 1 teaspoon to the broth. Soda and stir well. Then we put it in the fridge. Oak and calendula will relieve inflammation, narrow pores, remove excess fat, and soothe and soda will have an antiseptic effect. As a result, the skin becomes dull and well-groomed.
- For skin with enlarged pores … Brew a tablespoon of sage in a glass of water. The broth must be given for an hour. Then we filter it, we add 1 tsp. lemon juice and stir well. Now it is time to pour them into molds and put them in the freezer. We wash our faces twice a day. Such ice cream completely relieves inflammation and controls oil and shoulders pores due to the action of sage, and lemon juice will brighten the face.
- For high-quality skin … If you are constantly suffering from acne, brew catfish, wormwood, string, and nettle. Pour the resulting broth into a mold and wipe your face with ice. All of these medicinal plants regulate the work of the sebaceous glands and reduce inflammation.
- For normal skin types … Ice made from any medicinal herb will work for you. If you want to give yourself a feeling of coolness and freshness, brew and freeze the extract of mint and lemon balm leaves. Parsley ice cream will rejuvenate and firm the skin.
- For dry skin types … Fill one tablespoon of dried linden flowers with warm water and let stand for 1 hour. Then we filter by adding a tablespoon of olive oil to the broth. We distribute the broth formed in molds and send it to the freezer. Such ice cream will moisturize the skin, relieve dryness and remove peeling.
- For exfoliating skin … Tea rose is not only a good cold remedy but also great for moisturizing and nourishing dry, exfoliating skin. The main condition for making such ice cream is the lack of processing of petals. We take a rose, boil it with boiling water, cool it, and pour it into molds. And in the morning we wipe our faces with the ice that forms. Beautiful, even complexion is guaranteed.
Recipe for ice cream with lemon for the face
Lemon juice is a great remedy that whitens the skin, regulates sebaceous glands, and disinfects and tones. It can also be used to make ice for the face. To do this, dilute the freshly squeezed juice one by one with water and freeze. The same operation can be done with orange juice.
You can add lemon to various herbal teas and vegetable teas to improve the properties of the ice cream. To prepare the broth, if there is no fresh fruit on hand, you can use lemon juice or orange.
If you want to get beautiful cosmetic ice cream, freeze a small slice of citrus. With the resulting piece, wipe your face and put the fruit in your mouth. Both beautiful and useful.
An ice tea for the face at home
Green tea has a variety of useful properties. It tones well, gives moisture, reduces swelling, and makes the skin dull and fresh. Due to its high antioxidant properties, green tea slows down the aging process and has a noticeable anti-aging effect.
Therefore, it is often used to make cosmetic ice cream. For this, brewed tea is chosen, packed in bags is not suitable. The brewed infusion is cooled and poured into molds. This ice cream is used in the morning and evening. Great for all skin types.
Instructions for making ice cream from rice water
It is not easy to get rid of dark circles under the eyes. This problem greatly damages the appearance and gives the face a tortured look. With cosmetic ice cream, you can easily forget about these problems.
To prepare the broth, you need to take a small amount of rice (2-3 tablespoons) and cook in 500 ml until it is completely dissolved. After that, the resulting broth is filtered and cooled. When the rice water is at room temperature, it can be refrigerated.
Every morning, use ice cubes to massage the eye area from the outer edge of the eyelid to the inner edge for 1 to 2 minutes. Then let the moisture dry and apply your favorite cream. The effect will not be long in coming and after two days the circles under the eyes will be lighter and then they will disappear completely.
In addition to eliminating dark color under the eyes, cosmetic ice cream helps to deal with puffy and smooth fine lines and wrinkles.
DIY honey ice cream for the face
Natural honey is a real storehouse of useful microorganisms and vitamins. It is especially suitable for dry skin. To make honey ice cream, you need to dilute one teaspoon of honey (natural, it is not recommended to take another) in a glass of warm water.
After cooling, pour into a mold and place in the freezer. In the morning and in the evening it is necessary to wipe the cleansed facial skin with ice. At the end of the operation, a nourishing cream must be applied.
How to wipe your face with ice cubes at home
Whatever skin type you have, when making cosmetics with ice, you must remember the basic rules. The procedure at night and in the morning is slightly different.
How to wipe your face properly with ice before bed
Rubbing the face with ice at night tones the skin and gives freshness in the morning. These cosmetics are made before bed. It can be done continuously, or it can be done in courses – 1 time in 14 days.
Basic rules for wiping your face at night:
- With the help of a gel or cleanser, the skin is cleansed of cosmetics at night.
- With ice cubes, without pressure, we follow the massage lines, starting from the center of the face and ending with the temples.
- Massage should not be longer than five minutes.
- You cannot stay on one area of the skin for more than 20 seconds.
- You cannot wipe yourself after the operation. You can easily dry excess moisture.
- When the face is dry, a nourishing night cream should be applied.
- Ice cubes made from herbs, fruits, or vegetables are great for the neck and décolleté area. After using them and drying the moisture, a nourishing cream must be applied.
Wash your face with ice in the morning
Washing your face with ice in the morning allows you to wake up your body, tone it and recharge it for the next eight hours. If the day before you were long at a party, slept badly or drank a lot, a cold massage will remove all traces from your face; give your skin a fresh look.
Herbal ice cream, vegetable and fruit juices, green tea, and natural coffee are perfect for washing.
One of the options for morning washing is “ice”. To do this, you need to prepare the mixture in the evening: beat the berries of currants, viburnum, rowan, or strawberries in a mixer, add a few tablespoons of olive oil and then mix well.
The finished mixture should be spread in a mold and put in the freezer. In the morning you need to wipe your face with such cubes. The surfer is soaked with a paper napkin. Nourishing cream is applied on top.