Black seed oil, find out the useful properties of black cumin oil, as well as how to use it properly in folk medicine, cosmetology, and weight loss. For several millennia, black cumin has been widely used in folk medicine in the East, with its help you cannot only improve your own health but also restore your weight to normal, ensuring the maintenance of beauty. Black seed is found in various countries and is an annual herb with small triangular, dark-colored seeds.
Composition and benefits of black cumin
Today, black cumin is grown as a spice with a slightly bitter and spicy aroma, stiffening, and slightly savory taste. It is actively used to make rye bread, in pickling vegetables, as a spice for sauerkraut, baking meat, and added to cheeses, cakes and soups. On the basis of this cumin in the 16th century, one of the first liqueurs was made, which was named “Kummel”. This infamous drink has a unique taste and helps to improve the digestive process.
For quite some time now, cumin vegetables have been used to treat signs of vitamin deficiency. Its fruits were used in the manufacture of medicines and scales, as well as in the manufacture of soaps and perfumes. Women in Arab countries mixed caraway seeds with black pepper and natural honey. The resulting composition was used as a strong aphrodisiac. This product is very popular in folk medicine, as it has a rich composition and many useful properties. Black cumin has an immunosuppressive and rejuvenating effect on the human body. It helps to prevent the development of quite a few different ailments.
The essential oil extracted from the fruits of black cumin is widely used in medicine, cosmetology, and pharmacology. This product is obtained by cold pressing. Thanks to the use of this technology, the oil retains the maximum useful properties inherent in the plant.
The composition of black cumin oil contains high levels of nutrients, trace elements, and vitamins, including beta-carotene, valuable organic acids, and a number of other useful substances.
Scientists have carried out various studies where they were able to find that certain fatty acids contained in this oil are found only in seafood.
Black cumin oil has a positive effect on the function of the nervous gland and thus stimulates the body’s natural protective function. Subject to regular intake of this product, the blood composition renews, but the composition of the bone marrow improves and the manifestations of allergies are minimized.
This remedy helps to treat a variety of skin diseases, acute respiratory infections, as well as problems related to the work of the gastrointestinal tract.
How to choose black seed oil?
The most valuable is the oil obtained during the first cold pressing. To buy a quality product that will only benefit your health, you need to know certain nuances:
A product made in Egypt is often for sale. This is due to the balance between price and performance. At the same time, oil producers from this area are fairly well known in the sales market. Black cumin oil has been imported from Egypt for many years and the quality of the product is perfectly acceptable.
The product produced in Pakistan, Syria, Algeria, and Yemen has higher quality and a pleasant mild taste. Prime oil is considered to be from Saudi Arabia and the UAE, while it costs quite a lot, so not everyone can afford it.
Only imported raw materials are used in the production of black cumin oil in European countries. The fact is that in these countries the weather conditions are not suitable for the development of this plant. Usually, the cost of such a product is high due to the high shipping cost.
Based on the production method used today, several types of black cumin oil are distinguished, namely:
- Depending on the place where the plant is grown, it is a geographical feature.
- The oil obtained after the first cold pressing and the product which has not undergone mechanical filtration will contain natural sediment.
- By composition. Today, there is “royal” oil, which contains about 30% of the seeds of Ethiopian black cumin, as well as 70% of the seeds of Syrian cumin. There is also “Ethiopian” oil – a mixture of Ethiopian and Syrian caraway seeds. The mixing process is carried out to strike a balance between the effectiveness of the product and its taste properties.
- 100% pure or seven with additives – for example, you can add olive oil (about 30%) to soften the taste of black cumin essential oil, so that it is absorbed much better by the body.
Use of black seed oil
This product has many useful features:
- Fungal infections;
Under the conditions of regular consumption of black cumin oil, the body heals; the work of all internal organs is normal, immunity increases and thus prevents the development of various diseases. This remedy has an effective effect on the treatment of diseases of the cardiovascular system, gastrointestinal tract, and gastrointestinal tract restores metabolic disorders, and is useful for viral diseases.
Taking black seed oil has a striking effect:
- Helps in the treatment of hypertension – it is a decrease in blood pressure, and the level of harmful cholesterol in the blood decreases.
- It has a strong sedative and relaxing effect, eliminating cramps that interfere with asthma in the bronchi.
- Recommended for use in the fight against atherosclerosis, contrary to the proper cerebral circulation.
- It is used to treat various diseases related to genital warts.
- It is useful in diabetes, as black cumin oil helps to normalize blood sugar levels, and has a direct effect on insulin synthesis.
- Recommended for use in the case of the reproductive system, increases strength.
- Useful for helminthiasis.
- It is useful in the treatment of dysbiosis and helps to prevent colitis, cirrhosis, gastric ulcers, and gallstones.
Black cumin oil is widely used on the outside:
- It is an effective preventative medicine for various fungal diseases; it is used during their treatment.
- Ideal for treating problematic, swollen, mature, and oily skin, for the treatment of acne.
- As a way to massage joint pain and dysplasia.
- For the treatment of inflammatory diseases of the ENT organs (for example, ARVI, sinusitis, rhinitis).
- In the treatment of hemorrhoids.
- To improve the condition of the hair, the strands are moisturized, their growth is accelerated and the appearance of gray hair is prevented.
- It is used as a sedative, anti-inflammatory, and rejuvenating drug in the treatment of various skin diseases (eg allergic dermatitis, neuritis).
- The process in the bloodstream is normal, and the elasticity of the skin increases.
- Black seed oil is an effective treatment for stretch marks and inflammation.
There are almost no contraindications to the external use of black cumin oil. However, you must take into account that this remedy is a concentrated and powerful drug. Therefore, it must be used with extreme caution in its pure form. Before using black cumin oil, you must read the instructions carefully and do not exceed the dose as there is a risk that it will cause a rather strong allergic reaction.
Use of black seed oil in hair care
In the East, women use black seed oil as a hair care product to maintain the beauty of their hair, as it contains a lot of moisturizers and nourishing vitamins.
Thanks to the regular use of black seed oil, the hair strengthens and prevents early gray hair and dandruff. However, it is important to remember that the use of pure and undiluted black cumin oil for hair care is strictly forbidden.
You can use the following recipes for masks by adding black cumin oil at home:
- Black cumin oil, onion juice, and olive oil are mixed in equal amounts. All components are mixed together and the mixture is only heated in a water bath. The resulting composition is evenly distributed over the hair and rinsed off after 30 minutes. With regular use of this mask, lifeless and dull curls return to a natural shine and silk.
- Such components are taken in equal proportions – black cumin oil, olive oil, and cream (low fat). All the ingredients are mixed and the resulting composition is applied to the curls, spread evenly over the entire length, then a light massage of the scalp is performed for a few minutes. Wash the mask off with warm water after 15 minutes. This remedy will help prevent hair loss and eliminate split ends.
- It is necessary to take 0.5 tbsp. l. salmon, burdock, caraway oil, and egg yolk are injected, and a few drops of essential oil (lavender or patchouli). All components are mixed together and the resulting composition is evenly distributed over the entire length of the hair. After 30 minutes, rinse the threads well with warm water. This mask has a stimulating effect on the hair growth process.
Contraindications to the use of black seed oil
Despite the fact that this is a natural herbal remedy, there are certain limitations and contraindications to its use:
- It is strictly forbidden to take this medicine during pregnancy, as it contains a lot of plant hormones that can seriously harm the health of a woman and a child.
- In the presence of allergy or individual intolerance to the product.
- After a recent organ transplant where there is a risk of rejecting the transplant.
By following the simple rules of using black seed oil, you can get rid of various ailments and perform effective healing exercises for the whole body as well as maintain the beauty of your skin and hair.