Dried meat is a delicious delicacy that can be prepared at home. All kinds of meat, as well as fish, poultry, and wild game, are dried independently at home. Cooking food in this way is a rather difficult and time-consuming process. Stuffed meat, on the other hand, turns out tasty and fragrant. It has no preservatives and is stored for a long time in a cool place. Today we will tell you how to dry meat properly.
Secrets to dried meat cooking crazy at home
- Beef, pork, turkey, duck, or chicken fillets are usually dried.
- Use fresh, lightly chilled meat ingredients for flavor. Hard and old meat will not work.
- The incision should be made without bones, without excess fat, and with the same thickness along the entire length.
- The meat is washed well and cleaned of excess fat. Then the piece is dried with a paper towel and rubbed well with salt. Leave the cut for a while in the fridge so that the excess juice comes out and is well salted. Sometimes the meat is pressed down with pressure. The salted piece is dried and dried and hung in a ventilated place.
- The length of salting and drying depends on the chosen size, weight, type, and fat content of the meat.
- Not only salt but also all kinds of brine can be used for salting. To do this, use apple cider vinegar, garlic, basil, coriander, cumin, rosemary, a mixture of peppers, and other products.
- The meat is dried, also rubbed with dry mixtures of spices. To do this, mix all kinds of spices: coriander, white pepper, dill, basil, dried garlic, caraway seeds, a mixture of peppers… You can also add ginger to dry spices. It will improve the taste of the meat product.
Turkey dried meat confused
Turkey confusion, the recipe below, is not difficult to make at home. It turns out that the meat is not dry, moderately salty, and fragrant, without a noticeable taste of spices and seasonings.
- Caloric content per 100 g – 89 kcal.
- Dosage – 600-700 g of finished weight
- Cooking time – 4 days
- Turkey fillets – 1 kg
- Garlic – 3-4 cloves
- Ginger (grated) – 1 tsp.
- Table mustard – 2 tablespoons
- Olive oil – 2 tablespoons
- Lemon juice – from 0.5 pcs.
- Soy sauce – 4 tablespoons
- Ground black pepper – 0.5 tsp.
- Salt – 4 tablespoons
Cooking turkey confusion:
- Rinse the turkey fillet, dry it, and cut it into 1-1.5 cm thick pieces.
- Make a marinade. To do this, combine grated ginger root, garlic, salt, pepper, olive oil, mustard, and soy sauce in a bowl. Add lemon juice as desired.
- Put the turkey in a bag and pour the marinade over it.
- Tie a bag and stir well to marinate the turkey evenly.
- Refrigerate for 24 hours, turning occasionally.
- After a day, remove the meat and place it on a baking sheet, wire rack, or table. Do not stick close to each other, so that the pieces lie in a small space.
- Leave the meat in a cool, well-ventilated place for 2-3 days. Turn it regularly. Although the drying time is determined by yourself. If you want a drier piece, soak for 4-5 days.
How to make crazy dried meat
Recipe for making a delicious treat at home. Pork neck is a great delicacy with a convenient shape to cut. It will appeal to many gourmets, so it goes well with both beer and coffee.
- Pork neck – 2-2.5 kg
- Salt – 1 kg
- Table vinegar 9% or apple juice – 1 l
- Garlic – 5 cloves
- Ground red pepper – 0.5 tsp.
- Ground black pepper – 1 tsp.
Cooking dried pork collar at home:
- Pork is rinsed under running water and dried with a towel.
- Put the meat in a glazing bowl, and cover it with salt so that it is completely covered.
- Cover a container with a lid and store the meat in the refrigerator for 3 days.
- After this time, remove the meat from the refrigerator, rinse it out of the salt with running water and dry it with a paper towel.
- For salted water, pour vinegar into a saucepan, and add salt, red and black pepper, chopped garlic, and rosemary to smell.
- Put the meat in prepared brine and let stand for 5-10 minutes.
- Then roll it in breadcrumbs and get a roll. To bake, mix the pepper mixture with salt and your favorite spices in any amount.
- Wrap the bread with paper, tie with yarn and refrigerate for 1 month.
Minced meat, namely pork, is an ideal meat snack for all festive tables. The recipe has a balance of salt, spices, and flavors. For the recipe, choose a long piece of meat with a not very large cross-sectional diameter, so that it will be easier to cut the meat later.
- Pork with fat layers – 2 kg
- Salt – 600 g
- Garlic – 3 cloves
- Ground black pepper – 1 tsp.
- Coriander – 1 tsp.
- Sweet peppers – 3 tsp.
- Dry chili pepper – 0.5 tsp.
- Badin – 2 stars
- Dried rosemary – 1 tsp.
- Rosemary – 2 branches
- Wine vinegar – 100 ml
- Wash the meat, dry it with a paper towel, place it in a convenient container, and sprinkle generously with salt on all sides. Leave the meat in the fridge for 3 days. If the piece is smaller, store it in salt for a shorter time.
- After 3 days, the meat gives a lot of fluid. Then remove from the salt and rinse under running water.
- Prepare brine. To do this, pour the wine vinegar into a bowl, add the garlic to the press, salt, black pepper, and rosemary. Put the meat in a suitable container and pour salt water on all sides, turning regularly from one tank to another.
- Soak the meat in salted water for 5-10 minutes and sprinkle with spices. To do this, combine coriander, pepper, paprika, chili, rosemary, and a pinch of salt. You can also add your favorite spices to your taste. Grind the star anise stars in a mortar and add all the spices.
- Place the meat on baking paper, top with fresh rosemary sprigs and wrap the cut so that it has a comfortable slicing shape. Wrap the meat with cooking thread if necessary.
- Put the meat in the refrigerator on the top shelf of the door and let stand for 25-30 days. For the first few days, check the condition of the parchment, if it gets wet, replace it with the dry one. After 5 days, the parchment stops getting wet.
Beef is a delicious and fragrant cool appetizer. Thin slices of dry hot beef tenderloin in a deliciously spicy crust will be the perfect treat at any festive table.
- Chilled beef tenderloin – 1 kg
- Coarse salt – 0.5 kg
- Water – 1 l
- Bay leaves – 2 pcs.
- All kinds of beans – 4 pcs.
- Cloves – 1 bud
- Black peppercorns – 5 pcs.
- Peppers – 0.5 tsp.
- > Cumin – 0.5 tsp.
- Coriander – 0.5 tsp.
- Ground red pepper – 0.25 tsp.
- Prepare brine. To do this, pour water into a bowl and add 4.5 tbsp. salt. Stir well until the salt is completely dissolved and add a bay leaf (1 pc.), Garlic beans, and cloves to this container. Send the pot over medium heat, bring to a boil and cool the liquid to room temperature. Then remove all spices and discard.
- Rinse the beef with warm running water, dry well, and place in a pot with chilled salted water so that it completely covers the meat. Cover the container with a lid and refrigerate the meat for 1-2 days. When you do this, turn the meat in the salt water several times a day.
- After 1-2 days, remove the meat from the container and place it on a paper towel. Wipe it off the remaining water, transfer it to a cutting board and cover with a squeeze. Leave it in this position for 1 hour to allow the rest of the salt water to drain out.
- Then transfer the beef to a flat plate and rub evenly on all sides with the spice mixture. To do this, put the bay leaf in a mortar, and add the black peppercorns, peppers, cumin, and coriander. Put everything in a homogeneous fine crumb and mix with salt and ground red pepper.
- Place the boneless meat on a clean, dry gauze cloth, pack, and transfer to a deep bowl. Cover the dish with a lid and leave the container in the fridge for 1 week. Then remove the meat from the cheesecloth and roll it in fresh spices again. Wrap the beef in clean, dry gauze, tie it with yarn and hang it in a well-ventilated place for 1-2 weeks.